Service Dept.

  • No Regular Hours
  • Sat and Sun Closed

Store / Ice Cream

  • Closed until Spring
  • Thank you and see you in 2019


Thank you for visiting Handberg’s Marina. Please review our list of Frequently Asked Questions to improve your visit with us. Contact us with any additional questions or comments.


What services do you offer at Handberg’s Marine and Marina?

What do I do with my garbage?
Garbage drop off is available for $3 per bag.

Do you have gas available on the dock?

Do you sell fishing licenses?

Do you sell trail stickers for snowmobiles?

Do you charge for parking?



Boat Storage:

What different types of boat storage do you offer?

What is included with boat storage?

How do I pay for boat storage?



RV Sites:

Is firewood available?
Yes, for $5.00 per bag.

Do RV sites have electricity?
30amp and 50 amp is available for a small fee. Each site is metered.

Are there showers available?

Is there a dock for my boat?

How far is it to the water?

What are check in and check out times?



Boat Rental: 

What types of boats do you have?
Fishing Boats, Pontoon Boats, Runabout Boat

What are the departure and return times?
You can check out your boat any time after 11:00 am. Return time is 9:00 a.m.

Do you have a minimum amount of time I have to rent a boat?
During peak season, Memorial Weekend thru Labor Day Weekend, we appreciate a two day rental unless there is a boat available.

Do you require a deposit to make a reservation?
Yes, a deposit of one day’s rent is required to secure a reservation. Deposits are nonrefundable.

When do I pay for the boat rental?
Payments are made when you arrive at Handberg’s. We will go over maps, navigation and a boat check list. You will leave with a full tank of gas and only pay for the gas you use upon your return.

Can we go to Voyageurs National Park with your rental boats?
Yes. You can go day tripping or tent camping in the Park. You do not need a permit for a day trip. There is water everywhere with over 40% of the park being water. For more information on exploring Voyageurs National Park visit

Do we need to purchase a Park permit for camping?
Yes. VNP requires all campers to have and display a permit while overnight camping in the park. Here is a link for more information on these permits and Park information in general

Can I go to Canada with your rental boat?
Yes, you will need a passport or a Remote Area Border Crossing permit. You must check into Canada Customs on Sandpoint Lake if you are planning on boating, fishing or exploring in Canada. Upon returning to Minnesota you must check into United States Customs.